Brink's CompuSafe® Service
Managing cash is a vital part of any retail business. Many retailers must employ a cash-handling process built on a series of checks and balances. First, the cash is counted at the cashier level; it is then counted by back office personnel, and again by the manager as part of the deposit preparation process. This is very time consuming, poses inherent security risks, and the opportunity for mistakes are endless.
Brink’s CompuSafe Service helps you transform your cash handling from a slow, manual process into an automated and secure solution. Installed at the point of sale or back office, CompuSafe can help your business eliminate cash-counting discrepancies, reduce manual labour costs, decrease internal fraud and save employees time so they can focus on what really matters – your customer.
Brink's CompuSafe® Service includes:
- CompuSafe unit(s)
- Armoured transportation
- Deposit processing and bank consolidation1
- Online reporting
- Cash in the cassettes guaranteed to match content report
- Annual preventative maintenance service
- Choose Optional CIBC eDeposit® for cash or Daily Credit™ from ICICI Bank Canada and get same-day credit on business day deposits made into the CompuSafe®
A Better Way to Manage Cash:
- Improved security and loss prevention: Exposure to internal and external theft is virtually eliminated.
- Increased productivity: Free staff from performing time-intensive, non-core operating tasks such as counting cash, researching discrepancies and preparing deposits.
- Cost savings: Brink's can serve as your central cash processing facility, enabling you to consolidate accounts at a single bank or, if you choose, multiple banks and save on banking and armoured transportation costs.
- Lower treasury management expense: We can help you consolidate all currency for deposits to a single account, saving you the time and expense of managing multiple banking relationships.
- Better decision support: Our service can be integrated with your back-office or POS systems to deliver enhanced reporting to provide immediate verification of deposits, helping you audit cash activity by store, shift or cashier.
- No equipment to buy: There are no capital expenditures and maintenance is included.
- Same-day credit: With CIBC eDeposit for cash, the value of the cash held in the CompuSafe unit will be electronically deposited into a CIBC business account. This provides same-day credit for cash still on your premises, enhancing cash flow and helping you meet your cash obligations.2
How it Works:
To learn how Brink's CompuSafe can help streamline your cash management processes and reduce costs, contact us.
1If you chose Daily Credit, deposit processing is done by Brink's or the bank processing centre; dependent on selected bank partner.
2Cash deposits (bills) made into the safe before a cut-off time you define (no later than 6:00 p.m. ET) are credited to your account by 8:00 p.m ET on the same weekday. Same-day credit is provided only for Canadian currency in the form of bills deposited through the automated bill counters. Credit is not provided for bills and coins held in the optional cash/coin dispenser. Coins, cheques and envelope deposits can also be dropped into the CompuSafe however the value is not included in the same-day electronic deposit.
CompuSafe service and armoured car pick-ups are offered by Brink's Canada and must be contracted separately from CIBC eDeposit for cash service. Some conditions may apply. Brink's Canada and CIBC reserves the right to change or discontinue this product or any of its features at any time.
BRINKS and CompuSafe are registered trademarks of Brink's Network, Incorporated.
CIBC eDeposit is a registered trademark of CIBC, used under license by Brink's.